The following picture is provided by Candi Murray & OBRA. This is an actual finish line image taken by OBRA’s FinishLynx camera system showing the difficulties of scoring a bicycle race. This is why we ask all riders to wear their frame number in addition to their jersey number. Also, please remove any vests & rain coats when finishing.
DOWNLOAD A PDF OF THE IMAGE HERE – ZOOM IN TO SEE BETTER
Comments – read from left to right:
1) Jacket covering number.
2) Good placement.
3) Number unreadable. Placed in the center of the back.
4) Rider #531. Wrong number series for this race but placed correctly.
5) Rider #106. Good because the two numbers together make the folded side number readable with the back number (or frame number, if available).
6) Orange/blue. Number is covered. You can see part of the last digit, “2”.
7) Rider #145. Good placement, but leading digit could easily have been obscured by the jacket in the pocket.
8 ) Rider #98. Good placement, but humorous with WSBA #34 frame number present.
9) Purple. X44? X99? 644 and wrong group? Bad placement low on the side back pocket.
10) Red/white. Either placed poorly, obscured by the rider in purple, or both. Frame number would likely have been visible if they were used.
11) Orange/blue. Jacket covering number. End in a “6”.